The reconcile feature facilitates reconciliation of transactions entered into Affinity against those detailed in account statements received from the associations bank.
- From the main menu select Bank > Reconcile.
- From the drop down list select the account you wish to reconcile
- Specify the end date of your account statement and click on the Show Transactions button
- Enter the balance on the end date of your statement in Statement Balance field
- Match transactions on your bank statement against those listed in Affinity by clicking on the appropriate check box.
- When all transactions have been matched the value in the Difference field, at the bottom of the screen should be 0.
- When the above condition has been met click on the Post Transactions button.
To assist with this process it is possible to produce a Bank Account Statement within Affinity which will detail all transactions recorded. This can be found under Reports > Bank > Bank Account Statement. There is also a report detailing when reconciliation's were carried out and the reconciled figures for such, this can be found under Reports > Bank > Bank Account Reconciliation.