How do I record the receipt of a rent payment?
All payments are made via the Bank facility. To record the receipt of a rent payment:
- From the main menu select "Bank"
- Select "Tenant Transactions"
- From the details screen select the tenant account number associated with the receipt of the rent payment. This action can be completed in two ways:
- Select the account number from the drop down list.
- In the text box to the left of the drop down list start entering the account number. When the correct account number appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
- Enter the details of the rent payment in the "Receipts (Incoming)" tab.
Note that the following fields must be supplied:
- Bank Account (select from the drop down list)
The value of rent received - a numerical value.
The bank account into which the received rent will be paid.
This is the actual date on which the rent was received.
When recording the receipt of rent payment select "Tenant Payment" from the drop down list.
This can be used to record a lodgment slip number if a cash payment was received.
Any meaningful text can be entered in this box, e.g. if the rent payment was made by cheque it may be useful to record the cheque number.