A property must be associated with a housing group. So before adding a new property one or more housing groups must exist.
- Select "Properties" from the Main Menu.
- From the available sub menu items select "Add Property".
- A property must be associated with a housing group. So the first step in adding a new property is to select a housing group instance from the drop down list.
The the following fields must be supplied:
- Address (first line of the property's address)
The following optional fields may also be supplied:
- Key Code
When all data has been entered the property can be created by clicking on the Add Property button.
|Reference||A local reference issued by the housing association.|
|Leased Property||Tick this when a property is on a lease from a landlord.|
|Key Codes||A reference code to a duplicate set of keys for this property held by the housing association. For security reasons it is not advisable to label such key sets with the property address.|
|Bedrooms||The number of bedrooms within the property.|
|Receptions||The number of reception rooms within the property.|
|Notes||This field can be used to store miscellaneous information relating to the property.|
Additional Property Information
After adding a property instance Affinity will guide you to edit mode where you can enter additional, optional information relating to the property.
This additional information is recorded and detailed via several tabs.
A read-only view of all tenancies associated with this property.
As the name suggests, the Photos Tab allows you to add images of the property instance. This can be achieved as follows:
- Simply drag and drop the photo into the box from where you have it stored on your computer or click in the box which will open up a window for you to locate the photo on your pc and select the relevant photo.
- Once you have added your photos you can edit the details and assign them to a Room, as well as give them a caption, click on updated details to save this information
- After adding one photo simply click on Add photo to add any others.
It is possible to both schedule forthcoming property inspections and record details of inspections that have recently taken place.
To schedule a property inspection:
- Select the Inspections tab when viewing a property.
- An Inspection type must be selected the options are: Housing/General, Technical/Condition Survey, Void Inspection, Pre-Let Inspection, Major Damage, Other
- Set the Next Inspection date and click on Schedule.
- A new alert report has been added (Reports -> Alerts) which details the number of days remaining until individual property inspections are due.
After an inspection has taken place details such as the date of the inspection, the staff member who conducted the inspection and any notes can be stored by clicking on the Add Inspection button.
If your housing association has its own template that it uses for this purpose then this can be uploaded by clicking on the Choose File button and selecting the relevant document from your computer.
Once you have added the Inspection you can add photos that may have been taken during the inspection. To add photos click on 'Add Photos' then either drop files in the box or click in the box to locate the necessary images. Once the photos have been added you can edit the details of the photos by clicking on 'Edit Details', this will allow you to assign the photo a room name and add your own caption.
To add details of a new safety check select the property in question from the List of Properties and then click on the 'Add Safety Check' button. The following fields are mandatory and must be supplied:
- Safety Check Type (Boiler Service, Electrical Test, Fall Prevention Certificate, Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting, Fire Extinguisher/Hose Reels, Internal Fire Safety Installation, Lift Maintenance Servicing and Water Quality Certification)
- Inspection Date
- Expiry Date
You can also, optionally upload an electronic copy of the safety certificate and record the associated certificate number.
To assist in the tracking of safety checks that are about to expire we've added a new alert report (Reports -> Alerts, Safety Check Alerts). You can also export these details via Admin -> Export.
Details of BERs / Energy Certificates, along with a copy of the certificate, can now been stored via the Energy Certs tab of the Property view.
A new alert report, Energy Certificate Alerts, has also been added (Reports -> Alerts) to help identify properties whose certificate will soon expire.
Please sign in to leave a comment.