It it possible to import tenant payments to Affinity.
Files used to upload tenant payment records to Affinity can be in one of two formats:
- Household Budget data file
In the case of the .csv file the columns should contain the following data:
Column 1: Receipt Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
Column 2: Tenant Name
Column 3: Tenant account number
Column 4: Payment Medium (BACS)
Column 5: Receipt value
Column 6: Description
Although the column order is important to Affinity columns 2 and 4 aren't used by Affinity and column 6 (the description) is optional.
To import a tenants payments file into Affinity:
- Go to Bank > Import Payments
- Select the bank account into which the payments are to be credited from the drop down list
- Select the format of file to be imported: csv or Household Budget
- Specify the Payment Type. A type of 'Tenant Payment' implies that the payments were made by tenants, whereas a type of 'Benefit Payment' implies that the payments originate from a benefit agency.
- Specify the Charge Type. The option here is 'Auto'. With this selection Affinity will retrieve the current charge schedule for each tenant listed in the payment file and allocate the funds received accordingly. Any excess funds will be assigned as a 'Rent' receipt.
Alternatively a specific charge type can be specified, in which case all receipts detailed in the payment file will be allocated to this type.
- Click on Choose File to select the relevant document from your computer then click on Add