Tenant fees can be applied for a number of reasons, including:
- Late payment of rent.
- Property damage.
- Application fees for agreeing to place a tenant in a property managed by the housing association.
To apply a tenant fee the followed steps should be adhered to:
- Select "Tenants" from the main menu.
- Select "List Tenants".
- Double click on the tenant you wish to apply the fees or select Action "Edit" (pencil icon).
- Select the Fees tab.
- Click on the [add fee] link.
- Supply the required fee information. (Note that it is possible to record that the associated payment has already been received at this stage.)
- Click on the [add] link.
Note that the following fields must be supplied:
- Date (the date on which the fee was incurred or applied)
- Fee Type (select from the drop down list)
Note that if a fee type of 'Other' is selected then the 'Description' field must also be populated.